What to do
Make the Jam:
- Grate the beets into a sauce-pot over medium-high heat using a microplane. (If you don’t own a microplane, pulse the beets in a food processor or blender)
- Add the berries and honey and cook for 5 minutes, letting the mixture bubble and come to a boil. Once the fruit has cooked down and the sauce has slightly reduced to a syrupy consistency, remove from heat and transfer to a bowl to chill in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Make the Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 325 F and line an 8-inch cake pan or brownie pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl combine the peanut butter, honey, coconut sugar, baking soda and salt and stir well to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg and vanilla extract together. Add the egg mixture to the peanut butter mixture and whisk thoroughly to combine. Fold in half of the chopped peanuts and pour the batter into the prepared baking pan, using a spatula to smooth over the surface.
- Sprinkle over the remaining peanuts and bake for 20 to 25 minutes until the cake is golden brown and still very tender inside. Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan before slicing into squares.
Make the Parfaits:
- Layer in the yogurt, jam, fresh berries, and sliced cake squares into four 8-oz mason or jelly jars (or small serving bowls), creating alternating layers if using jars. Top each serving with a few cake squares, fresh berries, and some peanuts and enjoy immediately.
What you’ll Need
Five-Minute Beet + Berry Jam
1 (8.8-ounce) package Love Beets organic cooked beets
3 cups fresh or frozen mixed berries (such as strawberries, raspberries, and blackberries)
¼ cup honey
Flourless Peanut Butter Cake
½ cup smooth peanut butter
3 tablespoons honey
3 tablespoons coconut sugar
½ teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ cup salted peanuts, roughly chopped
2 cups whole milk Greek yogurt
1 cup fresh berries, (such as strawberries, raspberries, or blackberries)
¼ cup peanuts, for garnishing on top