What to do
- In a small sauté pan, heat the olive oil over medium to low heat.
- Add the onions and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are lightly browned, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in the bowl of a food processor, pulse the beets until very finely chopped, just before a puree forms.
- In a medium bowl whisk the eggs, milk, and cheese. Add the processed beets and cooked onion mixture until well combined. Fold in the flour, chopped rosemary, and season with salt and black pepper and mix until evenly incorporated.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and spray with cooking oil, add two heaping tablespoons of the batter into the skillet and cook for 3 minutes on each side until they are firm, cooked through, and lightly browned on both sides. Repeat with the remaining batter and keep warm for serving.
- Arrange the fritters on a platter or on plates, garnish with micro greens, and serve with Greek yogurt and pesto.
What you’ll Need
2 tsp olive oil
¾ cup yellow onion (about 1/2 onion), finely chopped
1 large clove garlic, minced
1 8.8 oz. package Love Beets Organic Cooked Beets
2 large eggs
½ cup milk
¼ cup feta cheese
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 large sprig fresh rosemary, finely chopped
1 tsp salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1 cup micro cilantro greens, or other micro greens
½ cup Greek yogurt, for serving
2 tbsp green pesto, optional