What to do
- Place the olive oil, onion, bell pepper, and celery in a large saucepan over medium high heat. Cook for about 8 minutes, stirring frequently, until the veggies are soft and the onion is translucent.
- Add the garlic cloves, vegetable broth, spices, and diced tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer until it reaches a thicker chili consistency. This usually takes about 5-10 minutes.
- Finally, add the shredded beets, and stir everything together.
- Remove from heat and transfer the chili to individual bowls.
- Top with sour cream, avocado, cilantro, whatever you want!
What you’ll Need
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 red onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
2 celery stalks, chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups vegetable broth
1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
2 teaspoons cumin
1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon oregano
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
2 15 ounce cans of fire roasted diced tomatoes
6 ounce package of Love Beets Smoky Shredded Beets
Cilantro for topping
Avocado, sliced for topping
Sour cream, for topping