What to do
- In a blender, add the tomatoes, garlic, and Serrano chiles and blend until smooth.
- Add the oil to a medium saucepot and sauté the onion until translucent.
- Add the tomato mixture to the pot and cook on medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until the flavors have developed and the sauce has thickened, about 25 minutes.
Make the Hash:
- Add the shredded sweet potatoes to a bowl and toss to coat with the salt, cumin, cinnamon, and cayenne.
- In a large 10 to 12 inch cast iron pan over medium, heat the oil until hot and add the sweet potatoes to make the hash. Cook until crispy on all sides, about 10 minutes per side, flipping occasionally, to avoid from getting too dark. Transfer to a dish and keep warm.
- Return to the pan, add the oil, and cook the beans and fry the eggs until desired doneness. Season both with salt and black pepper. Remove from pan and heat the tortilla over the skillet, flipping, to cook on opposite side.
- Start adding all components onto the tortilla in separate pockets. Adding the sweet potato hash, beans, ranchero sauce, and fried eggs over top. Spoon over some more ranchero sauce and top with the beet salsa, a few cherry tomatoes, jalapeños, and cilantro. Serve right away and enjoy!
**Keeps well covered in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
What you’ll Need
3 large Roma tomatoes
2 garlic cloves
2 Serrano chiles
¼ cup yellow onion, finely diced
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
3 tbsp neutral cooking oil
1 large sweet potato, shredded
¼ tsp sea salt
Pinch of cumin
Pinch of cinnamon
Pinch of cayenne
1 tbsp neutral cooking oil
1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
Salt and ground black pepper
1 large burrito size tortilla
1 (6.5oz) package Love Beets Beet Salsa
¼ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1 jalapeño, thinly sliced
Handful of micro cilantro