What to do
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Arrange the fennel and apples on a large baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with sea salt. Use your hands to coat everything in olive oil.
- Roast 35 to 40 minutes, until fennel and apples are golden-brown, flipping halfway through baking. Allow fennel and apples to cool. Drizzle the apples with honey.
- Add the ingredients for the dressing to a small blender and blend until smooth and creamy (or whisk vigorously in a bowl).
- Add the arugula, chopped beets, goat cheese, walnuts, and pumpkin seeds to a large serving bowl. Drizzle in desired amount of cider dressing, and toss until everything is coated. Serve salad with roasted fennel and apples.
What you’ll Need
1 medium bulb fennel, quartered
1 large apple, peeled and sliced
2 teaspoons honey
1 (8.8-ounce) package Love Beets Organic cooked beets, chopped
5 ounces arugula
¼ cup goat cheese crumbles
¼ cup walnuts, roasted
2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds, roasted
Cider Vinegar Dressing:
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon sea salt, to taste