What to do
- Place the chopped watermelon in a blender and blend on medium speed until the fruit has turned into a juice, about 1 minute. You should end up with about 3 cups of juice.
- Pour out a ½ cup of the watermelon juice into a small pitcher and add the beet juice, half the lime juice, ¼ cup honey, and a pinch of cayenne. Stir to dissolve the honey.
- Return to the juice in the blender and add the remaining lime juice, 2 tbsp of honey, and a pinch of cayenne and blend until combined.
- Carefully pour the beet juice mixture halfway into each mold, insert with wooden sticks and set the mold in the freezer for at least 1-2 hours.
- Once the first layer is mostly frozen, add a thin lime slice into the sides of each. (This step is optional – as it’s purely for aesthetics).
- Pour in the watermelon juice layer and freeze until completely set, at least 3 hours or overnight.
- To remove the pops from the molds, run the molds lightly under warm water for a few seconds until they can easily release.
- Serve with coarse or flaky salt as a garnish, if desired.
Optional: Add in your favorite Tequila and Triple Sec to taste
What you’ll Need
3 cups watermelon, chopped
1 cup Love Beets Organic Beet Juice
¾ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
6 tbsp honey
2 pinches cayenne pepper
1-2 limes, thinly sliced
Coarse or flaky sea salt, for serving
Optional: Tequila, Triple Sec