What to do
- Heat the almond milk and coconut oil just warm. Sprinkle the yeast on top and bloom for 10 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the spelt flour, coconut sugar, and salt.
- Add the bloomed yeast mixture, and stir to form a sticky dough. Knead dough for 2-3 minutes, adding more flour only if needed.
- Return to the bowl, cover with a towel, and allow to rise for 1 hour until doubled in size.
- Roll out on a floured surface into a rectangle approximately 13×9”.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Brush with melted coconut oil. Sprinkle evenly with coconut sugar, cinnamon, and ginger.
- Roll into a long starting on one long side and pressing the seam to seal.
- Cut into 9 rolls. Transfer to a greased baking pan.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes at 350ºF.
- While the rolls are cooling, make the glaze. Puree the beets with lemon juice. In a bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar and 3-4 tbsp beet puree. Add puree 1 tbsp at a time until the glaze is thick but drizzle-able.
- Once rolls have cooled for about 10 minutes, cover with the beet glaze. They are best served fresh and enjoyed warm.
What you’ll Need
1 cup (240g) almond milk
2 tbsp (25g) coconut oil
1 packet yeast (2 1/4 tsp)
2 tbsp coconut sugar
1/4 tsp salt
3 cups (360g) spelt flour
3 tbsp (35g) coconut oil
1/4 cup (35g) coconut sugar
1 tbsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger (optional)
2-3 Love Beets Organic Cooked Beets (150g)
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 cups (240g) powdered sugar