What to do
- Carefully place eggs in a large pot and cover with 3 inches of water. Place pot of the stove and bring to a full boil. Reduce heat slightly and allow eggs to cook at a controlled boil for 12 minutes.
- Strain the hot water from the eggs and immediately run cold water over them.
- Transfer eggs to an ice bath and allow them to sit until chilled, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add the beet juice and white vinegar to medium-sized pot and bring to a full boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer (keep the juice hot throughout the dying process).
- Using a slotted spoon, carefully add the hard boiled eggs to the beet juice so they are completely submerged (you can do about six eggs at a time).
- For light pink eggs, allow the eggs to sit for 1.5 to 2 minutes.
- For darker eggs, allow the eggs to sit for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Use the slotted spoon to remove the eggs from the juice. Wipe them off using a paper towel and place on a plate or back in the egg carton.
- Repeat for all eggs and enjoy your beautiful naturally dyed eggs!
What you’ll Need
12 to 24 eggs
2 14-ounce bottles Love Beets beet juice
1/4 cup white vinegar