What to do
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Toss the parsnips and butternut squash with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Place them on a lined baking pan and place them in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Generously pat the chicken with paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Heat a skillet with a tablespoon of olive oil and cook the chicken for 2-3 minutes each side. They’ll be raw in the middle and browned on the outside.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and nuzzle in with the veggies in the roasting pan.
- Place the chicken and veggies back in the oven for 30 minutes to roast.
- Meanwhile, place all of the sauce ingredients in the food processor and blend until smooth, taking breaks to scrape down the sides with a rubber spatula. Set aside when the sauce achieves desired consistency.
- When the veggies and chicken are done roasting, add the beets to the pan and broil on high for 2 minutes, or until the beets are heated through.
- Serve with sauce on side or drizzled over top!
What you’ll Need
3 parsnips, cut into “fries”
1/2 cup butternut squash, cubed
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
4 chicken thighs
4 chicken drumsticks
1 tablespoon paprika
1 lemon, cut into slices
4 sprigs thyme
1 package Love Beets Sweet Chili Marinated Baby Beets
1 cup raw cashews
2-3 cloves garlic
1/2 lemon, juiced
2 sprigs thyme, leaves picked from stem
1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons water