What to do
- Working in batches, add the onion, celery, carrots, and bell pepper to a food processor. Pulse each veggie component until finely chopped.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add olive oil, onion, celery, carrot, and bell pepper to the pan. Cook until lightly browned and cooked through, about 12 minutes. Add the bouillon cubes and stir into veggie mixture until coated. Place mixture into a large bowl and set aside.
- Return to the food processor and pulse the mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes, beets, chickpeas, and walnuts separately in batches. Pulsing until finely chopped. Once ingredients are chopped, transfer to large bowl with the cooked veggies.
- To the bowl, add the ketchup, almond milk, mustard, bread crumbs, chopped fresh herbs, paprika, garlic powder, and season with salt and pepper. Stir together until everything is well incorporated, taste to adjust seasonings, and fold in the beaten eggs until combined. Allow mixture to firm up slightly in the fridge, at least 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Line a 10” x “5 x 3” high loaf pan with parchment paper. Add the mixture to the pan, even off the top to form the loaf (If there is extra loaf mixture, add the remaining to another pan and bake.) Bake for 25 minutes and then remove briefly from oven; brush the beet ketchup glaze over the top, and return to oven to continue baking for another 10 minutes. Brush another coat of glaze over the top and then bake for a final 10 minutes, for a total oven time of 45- 50 minutes. Loaf should be crispy around the edges and slightly soft but cooked in the center. Let cool for at least 1 hour before slicing or refrigerate and reheat before serving.
- Serve alongside mashed potatoes, crispy Brussels sprouts, and spread with more beet ketchup, as desired.
**Beet loaf keeps well covered in the fridge for up to 1 week.
What you’ll Need
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 large yellow onion, chopped
2 ribs celery, chopped
2 large carrots, chopped
1 bell pepper, chopped
2 vegetarian bouillon cubes
8 oz Portobello mushrooms
¼ cup sun dried tomatoes
1 8.8 oz package Love Beets Organic Cooked Beets
1 cup cooked chickpeas
1 cup walnuts
1/3 cup ketchup
¼ cup almond milk
1 heaping teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 cup gluten-free bread crumbs
1 tbsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
1 tbsp finely chopped thyme
1 tsp sweet paprika
½ tsp garlic powder
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
2 large eggs, beaten
¾ cup your favorite ketchup