What to do
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour and salt.
- Add cold butter and use your hands or a dough cutter to work the butter into the flour.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the egg and milk. Make a well in flour mixture, add egg/milk mixture and stir together to incorporate slightly.
- Then, transfer to a floured surface and knead dough until it comes together in a smooth ball. Roll out dough to a 15-inch circle.
- Press dough into bottom of an 8 inch tart pan and remove any excess dough. Transfer to refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, heavy cream, salt, pepper, thyme and dill. Stir in arugula, then pour into chilled crust.
- Top with sliced beets and goat cheese.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until the center is completely set and the top is slightly browned. Cool for a few minutes, then slice and enjoy.
- Garnish with fresh arugula and more goat cheese (optional).
What you’ll Need
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
8 tbsp cold unsalted butter, diced
¼ cup milk
3 large eggs
1 cup heavy cream
¾ tsp salt
Pepper to taste
1 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
1 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
2 cups arugula
1 package Love Beets Organic Cooked Beets, sliced into rounds
¾-1 cup goat cheese