What to do
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Wash and pat dry the sweet potatoes. Poke each potato several times with a fork and wrap in foil.
- Roast the sweet potatoes in the over for 60-90 minutes (depending on the thickness of the potatoes). They should be very soft and tender.
- Once they are cool enough to handle, unwrap the potatoes and peel off the skin. Add the potato flesh along with the remaining ingredients to a blender.
- Blend until smooth. When ready to serve, heat the mash on the stove top until hot. Serve with a dollop of butter alongside your favorite main dish.
What you’ll Need
2 large sweet potatoes, roasted
1 8.8-ounce package of Love Beets Cooked Beets
1 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme
2 1/2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
2 tablespoons coconut oil or butter
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon sea salt (or to taste)
Salted butter for serving