What to do
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Place the butternut squash, onion, and beets on a large baking sheet
- Cut off the top of the garlic head, leaving the skin on. Place on the baking sheet.
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, 1⁄2 tsp salt, and black pepper. Toss everything together until well coated.
- Bake for 35- 40 minutes or until the squash is fork tender and garlic is softened.
- Set aside and allow to cool for 5- 10 minutes.
- Once slightly cooled, squeeze the base of the garlic head, pushing the roasted cloves out. Discard the skin.
- Remove the sage leaves and strip the thyme leaves from their stems. Allowing the leaves to fall over the roasted veggies.
- Place the squash, beets, onion, and garlic into a high powered blender with 2 1⁄2 cups stock and blend until smooth. If too thick, add the remaining 1⁄2 cup stock.
- Pour the blended soup into a large pot and place over medium/low heat. As the soup heats, add the coconut milk, paprika, cayenne, remaining tsp salt, and freshly cracked black pepper. Taste and adjust salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve with a drizzle of olive oil or more coconut milk, pumpkin seeds, and fresh thyme. Enjoy!
What you’ll Need
1 butternut squash, 3- 4 cups, peeled and diced
1 package Love Beets Organic Cooked Beets
2-3 cups low sodium chicken or vegetable stock
3⁄4 cup coconut milk
1⁄2 bunch fresh thyme
1⁄2 bunch fresh sage
1 onion, roughly chopped
1 head of garlic
1⁄2 tsp smoked paprika
1⁄8 tsp cayenne
Freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, more for topping
Roasted pumpkin seeds, to garnish