What to do
- Place a medium saucepan over low heat. Once the pan is warm add the olive oil and sliced garlic. Gently fry the garlic, stirring occasionally, until the edges are barely browned. Add the shallots and red pepper flakes, sauté until shallots are soft and semi translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Turn the heat up to medium. Add the swiss chard and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Gently mix to coat the green with the shallots and garlic.
- Cook until the greens are wilted and tender, about 5 minutes. All the liquid they released should have cooked off.
- Add the cooked lentils and gently toss together, until heated through. Taste for salt.
- Plate the cooked greens and lentils on a large platter, scatter slices of Perfectly Pickled Beets throughout and crumble goat cheese over the top. Dress with an extra drizzle of olive oil and enjoy!
What you’ll Need
- 1 package Love Beets Perfectly Pickled
- 2 bunches rainbow swiss chard, roughly chopped
- 1 cup lentils, cooked
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1⁄4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Juice of half a lemon
- Salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- 3 oz goat cheese, crumbled