What to do
- Drain the tofu, pat it dry and slice it into ½ inch slices.
- In a small bowl whisk together rice vinegar, tamari, maple syrup and garlic. In a shallow pan add the tofu and pour over the marinade. Let the tofu marinade for 10-15 minutes.
- In the meantime prepare spicy mayo. In a measuring cup add egg yolk, mustard, avocado oil, salt and pepper. With a hand mixer, mix for about 5-10 seconds until thick and creamy. Add cayenne pepper and ketchup. Stir and store in the refrigerator.
- Pan sear tofu in a little bit of avocado oil for a few minutes over medium heat until they are golden and caramelized on each side. Set aside.
- Assemble the sandwiches with the baguette, spicy mayo, beets, tofu, vegetables, cilantro and pickled onions. Enjoy.
What you’ll Need
1 french baguette
LoveBeets Perfectly Pickled Beets, Honey and Ginger
1 carrot, sliced into matchsticks
1 daikon radish, sliced into matchsticks
1 cucumber, thinly sliced
1 jalapeno, thinly sliced
¼ cup rice vinegar
1 tbsp maple syrup or honey
3 tbsp tamari
1 clove garlic, minced
Spicy mayo (optional)
1 egg yolk
1 tbsp mustard
150 ml avocado oil
1-2 tbsp ketchup, unsweetened
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
Salt and pepper