What to do
- Stir together the ingredients for the raita in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Place a long sheet of plastic wrap on your counter or prep surface.
- Thinly slice the beets and place the slices between two paper towels to drain the liquid. Allow slices to sit and drain until much of the liquid has seeped out, about 30 minutes.
- Arrange two to three pieces of smoked salmon on the plastic wrap, creating a small rectangle shape. Fold the plastic wrap over the top of the salmon and gently press so that salmon sticks together.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of whipped cream cheese spread over the salmon, leaving a small border around the edges. Place a single layer of beet slices on top of the cream cheese, followed by, baby spinach leaves and red onion slices (note: remove any rounded/long stems from the spinach leaves for ease of rolling). Carefully roll the salmon, using the plastic wrap to help keep the roll right. Place the roll on a cutting board and use a sharp knife to cut 4 to 6 rolls.
- Repeat for remaining ingredients.
- Serve salmon rolls with cucumber raita and garnish with fresh dill.
What you’ll Need
1 (8-ounce) package smoked salmon
3 small Love Beets Organic Cooked Beets, thinly sliced
6 to 8 tablespoons whipped cream cheese spread (see note)*
1 handful baby spinach leaves
¼ cup red onion, very thinly sliced
1/2 cup whole milk Greek Yogurt
1/2 cup English hothouse cucumber peeled, seeded, and finely chopped
1 tablespoon green onion, finely chopped
2 tablespoons fresh dill, finely chopped
1/4 teaspoon sea salt to taste
*It’s easiest to use whipped cream cheese spread to ensure even spreading. If using regular cream cheese, be sure it is softened at room temperature so that it spreads easily.