What to do
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. In a blender, puree the beets until smooth. Add the eggs, coconut sugar, and vanilla and blend again to incorporate.
- Pour the beet mixture into a mixing bowl and fold in the almond flour, cacao powder, and baking powder.
- Line an 8 X 8 baking pan with parchment paper and pour in the brownie batter. Use a spatula to even out the batter in the pan. Bake in the oven for 28 – 30 minutes until you can insert a toothpick in the center of the brownies and it comes out clean.
- While the brownies are cooling, prepare the ganache. Melt together the chocolate chips and coconut milk until smooth. Pour over top of the brownies and spread it out evenly to the edges. Place the pan in the freezer for 30 minutes to allow the ganache to set.
- Once set, slice the brownies into squares. Make the beet icing by mixing together the powdered sugar, beet powder, and almond milk in a separate bowl. Place a googly eye on the center left hand side of each brownie and pipe “book stitching” on top to resemble the Hocus Pocus spell book.
- Store in the fridge until ready to enjoy!
What you’ll Need
For the brownies
- 1 package Love Beets Cooked Organic Beets
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup cacao
- 1 tsp baking powder
For the ganache
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp Love Beets Organic Beet Powder
- 1 Tbsp almond milk
- Googly eyes